Blog reflection on chapter 3, 9, 10

Eleazar Perez


Communication is a very important skill many of us don't even realize. As humans, we must communicate with one another to pass different forms of information regarding many things that may be of interest. If communication didn’t exist we wouldn’t know how to understand the messages of other individuals. Personally, I believe that this class has made me realize how important it to exchange words in return with information with other people. As an example, I am a very opened person, but I will and must say that communicating to other people is quite a challenge, especially those whom you don’t know. Having a project like this one was relatively nothing new all due to past experience in high school having to preset to others. However, I learned in addition that while communicating is very crucial, working together is also very important because it boosts the work performance not only individually, but as a whole. 

When communicating with my fellow classmates, I learned that we had different ideas regarding to this particular project. I asked how they would like to structure the project. I also provided my personal insight as to what I believe should’ve been included or not. It was a learning experience for me because I didn’t reflect on it until a point where I was sitting down and just analyzing it as a whole, but to the truth of it all, I noticed how important is for us to work as a group. What I found most impactful was the fact that part of my task in this presentation was to explain how working in small or large groups is broken down into different categories. Having analyzed that, if anyone realizes, companies, baseball teams, franchises, musical orchestras are broken down into sectors pertaining to the specific field. For instance in musical band, you’ll have a small group of trumpet players, clarinet players, and so on. They have different specialties, tasks and skills to play different instruments but as a whole be synchronized to emit a beautiful unique and unison sound. A basketball team for instance is broken down into many different players playing different positions, the players are teamed and end up competing against one another for the same purpose just with different tasks. What I find astonishing from all of this is that through communication, things are broken down, passed on, built into shape and formed for perfection as a whole. 




Chapter 3 - Intercultural Communication 


This particular group in my experience presented very well the material in the sense that it was very structured and organized. I did however appreciate the information. I can personally relate to this topic because it had to due with different cultures, ethnic backgrounds, age, socio economic status, and more aspects. When I learned all about their presentation I learned how different cultures expand your knowledge as to understanding how people of different cultures view things perhaps one normally would think of. For instance coming from a Spanish speaking heritage, I can relate because I have parents from two different countries. This presentations expanded my insight as to why both of my parents find particular facts about each other to be annoying or disrespectful amongst themselves. That is all due because they come from different backgrounds. However, they manage to ease any discomfort if any by talking to each other and solving the issue uniquely by communicating. 







Chapter 9 - Communicating In Groups


I was part of group two which presented communication in groups. I just want to mention the fact (I should say) that we were very well organized, well structured, and very much prepared to present our presentation. We all created the presentation with anticipation and prepared enough to go in depth about the topic. I do want to mention how this chapter is very reasonable in the sense that anything and all that we do in life requires the help, companionship, or assistance of one or more people to get sometime done. As an example, while working in a school project in a group, a person may have a different status in the sense that they may think or have an idea different from yours or others. Also, while different opinions are involved, different tasks are assigned all In purpose to achieve the final goal as a class to obtain a good grade fro the project assigned. In my opinion, woking with groups improves your communication skills greatly due to the fact that you loosen as an individual with people whom you don’t even know and talk to them. 











Chapter 10 -Group Leadership and Problem Solving  



This presentation in my opinion was great overall. It is extremely important also to see how this presentation was well structured and followed. However, due to some technical difficulties, the presentation was quite messy. The information was great though in my opinion I did learn as to how and why group problem solving is great for our everyday lives. Group leadership was never to my knowledge what I may have thought of it to be. I learned a lot from this presentation as to the different roles a group leader has. The videos they included were informative and very on topic. The creativeness surely was there along with hard work. I personally find it to be interesting how to be group leader you must have great energy, organization to be a leader. It isn’t difficult to be a leader since it does require for a person to have more responsibilities, but I did enjoy the presentation very much and thanks to it learned a lot. 



Finalizing my reaction on this presentation that my fellow classmates and myself did, I think we all did a fantastic job in the sense that it was our first. There is definitely more room for improvement for all of us, but indeed, we all did a fantastic job. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to be in a class of relevant interest because we as professionals should know how to communicate in an effective manner with everyone. I hope to learn more and it is my wish that I personally improve my communication skills in every aspect possible. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 2 for presentations- Meylin Hano

Blog two: Theme Presentations